We have not changed the way we use your individual data information, but we have become more aware to be even more sensitive about handling it with care.
As a general rule, our website could be used without providing personal data …
… though, we would like to inform you, that we may store your contact data within the scope of processing in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany and the data protection regulations of the European Union. At some places, our website may include specific data entry forms, which can consist of mandatory and voluntary fields. Please find further information in our data protection declaration at
We may collect the following information:
- File name and identification data, f. ex. URL and anonymized IP address
- Contact details, including f. ex. email address
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, f. ex. downloads
- We may also collect personal data at trade shows, conferences and exhibitions.
We do not knowingly collect and store personal information from persons under the age of 18.
We enquire this information to understand your needs to be able to provide you with information about our products and a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Individualisation - We may use the information to improve our products and services and to be able to follow up on your request.
- Personalisation - We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting to you, by using the email address which you have provided.
- Optimisation - From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you via email, phone, fax or post. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Administration - Internal technical record keeping and business management.
- Customer service - Furthermore, we may share the information within our partnership with our manufacturers, but we do not distribute your data to third party for address trading!
- Security – we may use the data for certification and prevention of fraud resp. forward your personal information to third parties due to trouble shooting, if required to do so by law.
- Legality – we may use the data for implementation of legal guidelines purpose; governmental agencies, payment processing and for execution of General Terms and Conditions.
When you sign up to be part of our social media network, apps & co. and/or website tracking, personal information as well as user data and widgets will be transmitted and registered; compiled, processed and shared. Furthermore, the corresponding information will be published in the respective social networks and showed to your contact persons. If you are a member of a social network and do not want this data to be transferred, you must log out of the social network before visiting the von Gegerfelt Photonics GmbH website.
With the cancellation of your entry you have no access to your account and your profile is no longer retrievable.
The company of von Gegerfelt Photonics GmbH forgoes forwarding your data to third party and does not practise address trading.
Continued use of our website without having changed your browser settings confirms your acceptance of any cookies.
A cookie is a small text file containing information, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are usually used to improve the website of the visitor. There are two types:
- Durable cookies are a file stored on the visitor’s computer, which remains until the end of the term. The file is used for example to make it easier for visitors to use the site based on their wishes and interests. They disappear if the visitor chooses to clear cookies from the browser.
- Session cookies are stored temporarily in the visitor’s computer memory during the time the visitor is on the site. They disappear when the visitor turns off their browser.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way giving us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you do not want to accept cookies, your browser can be set so that you automatically deny cache storage or inform each time a site requests to store a cookie. As a consequence, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Through the browser, previously stored cookies can also be manually deleted at any time.
The provider of some of these services is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. For more information on how user data is handled see the browser’s help pages, where downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We are trying to save your personal data taking all technical and organizational possibilities into account, so that they are not accessible to third parties.
We draw your attention to the fact, that data transmission via the Internet may involve gaps in security. When communicating via E-mail the complete data security cannot be guaranteed by us, so we recommend not sending confidential information by E-mail. The Internet is a globally open platform, due to which own mode of operation and systemic risks, all data transfers initiated by you are at your own risk.
You have the right to acquire any individual-related data. If you wish to make use of the right of appeal or to legal remedy, we would like to recommend visiting the
Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit.
Your privacy and data security is important to us and we take this matter seriously. We rely on a mutual trusting cooperation with you and make every effort to reach your contentedness.
We process and save your provided data only as long as required for the intended purpose it was collected for, and delete these after expiration and fulfilling the purpose. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future (unless required on the basis of a primary legal provision or directly for the execution of an existing contractual relationship).
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time revoke resp. disclaim this consent by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish, you can deactivate or remove your account profile resp. disable the settings of your user account no longer to be available.
- If you wish to enter an objection against any recommendation related to mobile services in the future wish, please disable the function data processing on your end user device.
- If you wish to remove the application of or established Cookies you can switch it off over your internet service provider,
f. ex. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome.
For your privacy rights and your right to be forgotten, please refer to the list below:
- Access (you may obtain all information of this notice at any time).
- Deletion (as long as there are no otherwise required deadlines).
- Be forgotten (if data is transmitted, we must ask the recipient to erase it).
- Data portability (if you wish so, we transfer data to third party).
- Rectification of the data category (correction).
- Rectification in case of incorrect data (correction).
- Object to processing activities (revocation at any time of any consent given by you).
- Report to authority (see security above).
If you have any further queries regarding data and privacy protection, processing and/or you wish to perceive your privacy rights, please do not hesitate to contact us as below:
Responsible for the protection of data according to the abovementioned GDPR (DS-GVO) is the company of von Gegerfelt Photonics GmbH. You may request personal information details, which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
von Gegerfelt Photonics GmbH
TEL. +49-6251-860 99 20
FAX. +49-6251-860 99 17
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us; if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, contact us at the abovementioned address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
as of May 2018